STCW, MCA, ISM, GMDSS GOC and ISPS certified and experienced mariner, and a skillful Tender- and Yacht-handler with a proven excellent English language knowledge (MARLINS test scored 98%), are well supported by extra Yachting credentials from RYA, PADI and IKO associations., 13 years experienced at sea in Commercial and Yachting Fleets (20m-133m), Maritime University Masters Degree (M.Sc. in Navigation) graduate, positive and reliable Motor Yacht Captain - the Company man, and a Chief Officer - Captain's right hand and trusted support, with proven track record honored by 6 excellent professional written references and valuable business relations in the Yachting Industry. My professional achievements as fully
I stand out from the crowd with unlimited MCA certification, Worldwide sea-going experience through all Oceans and busiest tidal waterways of more than 75 countries and handling propulsion types from single screw to Azipods. Professionalism, diligence and dedication in every assignment mark my career path of a positive, emergency alert and safety aware professional earned appreciation from respected Captains and Managers in the Yachting Industry. I present my potential as a result-oriented and motivating team bond retaining high safety standards in emergency situations.
My track record crosses the World's busiest traffic zones, 3 Industries and Water crafts sized 20m-300m:
- Yachting Fleet (as Chief Officer and Captain since 2008):
April 2012 - present
· 70m Oceanfast Motor Yacht. Annually 9 months straight as Chief Officer and Relief Captain on-board 70m Oceanfast build Mega Motor Yacht with full ISM and ISPS systems in place, cruising Mediterranean sea on Private and Charter use. Multinational crew, very busy tight schedule as an ISM Safety, ISPS Security and Environmental Officer passed successfully internal and external ISM and ISPS Audits with no remarks or non-conformities. Head of the Deck Department of four Deck crew including 2nd Officer. Hands-on maneuvering, docking, provisioning, accounting, planned and unplanned maintenance, heavy anchor and sea-going watch-keeping, water sports, Drills and checks, new crew joining members familiarization, yacht business correspondence, liaise with sub-contractors and running her day-to-day business and routine operations. Overseen her annual dry dock period repairs, planned and unplanned maintenance;
June 2011 - September 2011 (3 months relief contract)
· 50m Oceanco Motor Yacht Anedigmi through her busiest charter season period cruising South of France, Italian Riviera, Corsica and Sardinia on a 3 months relief position as a Staff Captain / Chief Officer. I quickly adapted to the team and earned respect as a Head of the Deck Department of four deck crew, handling responsibly my assignments as ISM, ISPS, GMDSS GOC, Navigational and Environmental Officer, Stand-alone Watch-keeping Officer, and smoothly running day-to-day Yacht business, stock control, LSA, FFE and Deck maintenance through IDEA software, organizing and supervising the guests safety in lots of daily swimming and water sports activities with jet-ski, wave-runners and sea-bob, water-ski and inflatables towing. Referee - Captain Heimo Tauern;
March 2010 - April 2011 (13 months annual contract)
· 75m United Arab Emirates Royal Group Mega Yacht Rabdan cruising the Arabian Gulf as a Chief Officer and on multiple occasions - a Captain. Started from scratch when joined ghost boat with no crew to take over from, I brought the yacht to her best operational standard in shortest period possible to receive her Principle - His Highness the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi! MY Rabdan was under a very short constant notice of readiness and kept in pristine exterior state by my Department. She was registered as a Passenger class Yacht with a full ISM system running on board hence involving me in a very busy and high-standard Safety and Security duties and maintenance daily tasks, which lead her successfully through several spotless internal and external ISM Audits. Performing the Passenger-vessel-standard Safety Drills and trainings, improving the existing safety arrangements and Policy, suggesting and implementing Safety and Security amendments, organizing the maintenance of the Safety, Security and Deck equipment and water toys were my daily routines. I managed my Department to prepare her for the YAS "Grand Prix Formula 1" prestigious event in 2010 and oversaw her major refit in ADSB Shipyard in 2010/2011. Having withstood the huge Captain's turnover I was taking over and handing over to every next-joined Captain - altogether 6 Captains, also had the chance to maneuver her alone on a few occasions for accidents-free docking with moderate head winds in the very tight Yas Marina on anchor-alongside-stern-to scheme. Parallel to my main duties I was additionally in charge and assigned as the Yacht car driver providing for the Yacht supplies and running all administrative tasks and day-to-day business throughout Abu Dhabi where-from I gained a valuable knowledge of the local suppliers and high-end yacht service providers. All my assignments as the Ship's ISM Safety Officer, Ship's ISPS Security and Environmental Officer, and Head of Deck Department of four crew (including the Second Officer) I conducted with high dedication, professionalism and pride having it proven by excellent written references given by two very respected Captains I worked with - Capt and :
"... Ivaylo has proven himself to be an excellent Chief Officer, who had to perform his duties in difficult circumstances. Joining the Yacht after the entire crew had been dismissed, he had to learn the vessel, create and incorporate routines and systems from scratch & without assistance... Ivaylo has assumed the command of the vessel on several occasions ..." (Capt Stig Lungstrom) ... continue to the written reference
"... He joined the Yacht at a very difficult juncture, just after the entire previous crew had left the Yacht, & was one of the first of the new crew to take over. The Yacht, & his Department specifically had to be made operational in the shortest period possible in order to be ready to receive her Owner, The Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, at very short notice. This he achieved, showing quiet competence & good organizational ability. He was notably conscientious & willingly undertook any responsibility I placed upon him. Ivaylo earned the respect of the crew for his fairness, quiet good humor and ability ..." (Capt Howard Crowther) ... continue to the written reference
April 2009 - October 2009 (6 months fixed contract)
· 39m Ferretti Motor Yacht Agatha as a Chief Officer and Assistant Engineer cruising the West Mediterranean Sea with duties as a stand-alone Officer of Watch, ISM Safety and ISPS Security Officer, Navigational Officer - Charts corrections and Routes preparation, lines-handling, maneuvering, Deck maintenance, deckies management, hands-on full hull sides and stainless steel polishing, wash-downs, varnishing and touch-up painting, Safety Drills, training and crew familiarization, Yacht supplies and stock-control, GMDSS Radio Officer and Medical Officer duties, Oversaw her dry-docking period in AMICO shipyard - Genoa/Italy. Participated in Yacht Wave Runners and Jet Ski RYA certification along with my RYA PWC Operator and RYA PWC Instructor course, exam and certification by UK RYA Inspector. Undertook my MCA AEC course, exam and certification, MCA UKLAP course, exam and certification by Southampton MCA Inspector in Antibes, France, followed by acquiring my UK MCA CeC Master unlimited ticket. Written reference by Chief Engineer - Veselin Teoharov:
"... Ivaylo showed as a very organized, punctual and motivating team mate. He was equally active and helpful in organizing and providing his skills for both the exterior, ISM and ISPS maintenance and checks, and Engine room assistance too... He performed his duties with expertise and attention to the detail. He is a honest, reliable and hard-working person ..." (Ch Eng Veselin Teoharov) ... continue to the written reference
September 2008 - February 2009 (6 months fixed contract)
· 133m Mega Yacht / World Cruiser Seabourn Spirit as Chief Officer on a busy Worldwide charter cruising the Mediterranean Sea, Middle and Far East involving me in daily stand-alone Watch-keeping through the busiest inland and open sea traffic zones and TSS schemes, strict Bridge record-keeping, Safety Officer - Drills, Checks and maintenance, lines handling, crew management, stock control, busy water toys activities and guests interactions (Ko Kood - Thailand). Written reference by Capt:
"... Ivaylo has proven himself to be most reliable Officer and well suited for this ultra luxury trade. He has excellent achievements, Navigational and Water Sports skills and Safety and Security awareness and I look forward to sail with him again. I warmly recommend him as an asset on board in the luxury cruise market ..." (Capt Thoenis Soerensen) ... continue to the written reference
June 2008 - August 2008 (3 months seasonal contract)
· 20m Luxury Heesen Motor Yacht Vesselina as a Captain cruising Khalkidhiki / Greece with duties: Wash-downs, Filler corrections, Painting, Routes preparation, Polishing, Navigational Watch, Charts corrections, Maneuvering, ISPS and ISM duties, Scuba Diving assistance and supervision, GMDSS Radio Officer, Lines handling, Engine maintenance, Accounting, Purchasing, Provisioning, Yacht representation, Events on board organizing. Referee - Owner Mr. Balabanov
February 2008 - May 2008 (4 months fixed contract)
· 41m Heesen Motor Yachts Ladyship as Chief Officer, Captain cruising West Med sea - Malta, Naples, Montenegro with duties as Officer of Navigational Watch, painting, maneuvering, Safety Officer duties, Deck maintenance and checks, lines-handling, Navigational Charts correction, wash-downs, polishing, varnishing, filler correction, passage planning, ISPS duties, accounting, purchasing and Stock control, Oversaw her dry-docking period in Malta shipyard. Written reference by the Owner:
"... Ivaylo performed his work to the satisfaction of the Captain and the Management company, showing dedication to his duties and interest to learn... In particular he was in full charge of the Yacht and coped very well with the tasks assigned and with his communications to the Office... Ivaylo can be a good asset on board a large Yacht and we can recommend him to any employer ..." (Alexey Zotov) ... continue to the written reference
- Passenger Fleet (as Officer of Navigational Watch and Chief Officer 2006-2008):
5-plus stars modern big liners with the latest high-tech Integrated Bridge equipment and Azipod propulsion fitted on board ( stand - alone Watch-keeping Officer / Safety Officer / GMDSS Officer / Security & Port Papers Officer ) - Celebrity Cruises under the highest RCCL Navigational policy standard on-board, Seabourn Cruises - the Yachts of Seabourn and Silja Line fleets honored with excellentwritten reference from both.
"... Ivaylo has been conscientious and enthusiastic with a positive attitude and strong work ethic, excellent communication and interpersonal skills relating effectively to people at all levels... able to create a fir, friendly working atmosphere enabling the team to work efficiently, dealing tactfully and discretely with personnel matters. I recommend him as a responsible, trustworthy and honest with high personal and professional standards" (Capt Branko Skoric) ... continue to the written reference
- Commercial fleet (as Officer of Navigational Watch 2000-2006):
Stand-alone Officer of Navigational Watch / Safety and Fire-Fighting equipment stock control and maintenance, Navigational Officer Chart corrections, Navigational Routes preparations, Cargo handling, Port papers preparation, Medical, GMDSS Radio Officer daily routines. Excellent reference by Ahrenkiel GmbH Crew Manager Susanne Petkovic.
World marine traffic zones and crossings I sailed include:
Pacific (more than 5 times), Atlantic (10+ times), Indian (5+ times) Oceans, Baltic, Adriatic, Yellow, China, Black and North Seas (average 5 times each), China Sea (10 + times), World?s busiest traffic zones as the English Channel (10 +times), Malacca strait, Suez (10+ times) and Panama (5+ times), U.A.E waterways, Arabian Gulf Roads, Japan, Korean, USA, African and European and American coastal waters.
- Maritime University 6 years study (Masters Degree (M.Sc.) in Navigation 1993-1999):
Masters Degree (M.Sc.) in Navigation with major subjects: High Mathematics, Physics, Philosophy, Stability, Seaworthiness, Technical Drawing, Astronomy, Crew Management, Cargo handling and Securing, Meteorology, Ecology, Engineering, Marine Electronics, Cargo Transportation and Management, Safety at Sea, Radio communications, Maneuvering, Rules of the Road (COLREGs), Watch-keeping etc.
- Marine Navy (Military service) 3 years background (as Officer of Navigational Watch 1989-1992):
Officer of Navigational Watch on-board a Military Frigate cruising the Black Sea.
Do not hesitate to contact me for job projects or a professional advice!
+33 (0) 66 137 6411